Thanks to “SEO Intelligence Agency Local Training” To Provide Valuable Information on GMB Optimization.
Claim your Google My Business Account:
- Go to Google My Business and claim your listing by clicking on “Start Now”.
- Fill in the details for your business.
- Set that you have the ability to manage the business.
- Choose how to verify the account – by phone, by text, or by mail.
Optimize your Google My Business Account
- Since you have already set up your Gmail profile from the first part, just accept your Google+ profile.
- Go to the account and click on “Manage Account”. Permissions us where you can add the owner or other users.
- Go to Google My Business
- Edit the profile. The business name on all the listings need to be exact. Google My Business is the one exception where I change it and right now, it is working. Lead off with the primary keyword that you are going for plus your Brand Name.
- Put in the hours for the business.
- Add in your website. Adding the Appointment URL or Menu URL is important if you have them. They can book an appointment or order through the Knowledge Graph.
- You do not need to pay attention with the Advanced Information. If you have multiple stores, you can put store code if they have been assigned. Label is something that you can use – add your keywords.
- Add in your offerings. This is auto-populated by Google, for the most part.
In the photos, add your cover and profile image – in a future video, we will talk about optimizing our images. We give specific names to the files and we are using the same names as alt attributes. We are also adding metadata into the images where we GeoTag. When you do this, make sure to look at the image optimization video.
- Make sure that all the areas are filled in with the images based on each section. The 360 image is usually done by a Google Photographer that comes out to your location and the good thing about this is they have the ability to go in and optimize this a little bit more effectively. They use some MetaData within the images to show the location that they shot that helps potentially in ranking the images. Ideally, what you want is for people to look at the images and feel comfortable and viewed as a place that they would want to go to/service that they would want to avail, etc.
- A trick that I will show you within our Open Graph, we are going to post and use that as another form of marketing. Upload a photo, write a post, add a button
(always add a button, any call to action is great), preview, then publish. It should show up in the knowledge graph.
- Join communities. The reason we do that is, we are going to post information in these communities to get more +1s. Look for ones that have a good amount of members.
Google My Business Optimization (Advanced)
Step 1: Preparing Your Photos
Although a very basic introductory video, it’s important not skip any of these steps if you want to achieve the best results when optimizing your GMB photos. The video is about 10 minutes long and shows you some methods we use to get the type of photos we need and what to do to them before you upload them to a Google My Business Listing.
Key Takeaways and Action Points
- Acquire 20 – 30 photos using these steps we show you.
- Edit photos as needed
- Name them using LSI keywords
- Complete the important properties sections
Step 2: Turn Photos into Rich Media Citations
This next video is about 15 minutes long and is filled with some of the best advice we can give when it comes to getting fast ranking increases very quickly for a GMB listing. Do this right and your listing will rise in the Maps rankings, skip this step and you loose out on an invaluable GMB SEO tactic.
Key Takeaways and Action Points :
- Geo-Tag every photo and set it to public
- Add your citation information and social links
- Share every photo and add more brand information
Step 3: Photo Ninja Tactics
This next video runs about 20 minutes and we take you deep inside our vault of tricks and tips on how to use your new rich media citations for the best effect when it comes to local maps and GMB optimization. If you use these tactics you will be creating a source of quality social backlinks for your GMB listing that will help it rank higher and faster.
Key Takeaways and Action Points
- Embed your photos that pull in the map marker
- Use the photo URL to syndicate on social media and IFTTT networks
- Think outside of the box when using these photos – Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, Image Sharing Sites, IFTTT Networks can all be a viable source to publish your rich media citations. And once published you can stack tiered links behind the post URLs.